Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lent


Ok...Here goes nothing.  My friend Amy inspired me today to take part in lent this year.  I must admit that after giving things up for lent for years as a Catholic, I took a hiatus in my non Catholic years, but after talking with her today, I realized it is time to "practice" again.  

At first I was going to keep it to myself, but then I realized I needed the accountability that going public brings.

So here is my official Lent declaration
1. No Diet Pop (this will be hard, but its something I shouldn't be drinking anyway)
2. Limiting my email and blog checking to only twice a day.  (This may not seem like a big deal, but TRUST me, it is.  When your computer is in your living room, it is way TOO easy to check these things countless times per day)

My plan is to fill this time with more family time and reading.  I am going to try to start reading The Message/Remix: Solo  daily again.

and yes...i am sitting drinking a diet coke and cramming all the emailing and blogging i can before the clock strikes midnight!

No comments: